Proxying ya pet cards... Will you or will you not?

Good MORNING! MAKE SURE YOU DRINK WATER!!! OK, now off to the BLOG!!

    When building a deck in mtg, people have it where they build different variables such as aggro, wheeling, burn, swarm and stomp, or combo. There different strokes for different folk in terms of build and how the deck should or should not run. There is one situation that all builder are guilty of including myself. It's pet cards. 

    Pets cards for those who are new to the community, are cards in which are your faves yet, they don't help run the deck as efficient as you'd favor subsequently. When using a pet card, it's your first card you used to construct and express your creativity. Your pet card is your baby, the first shinny rock you got as a kid that you don't want to relinquish though later on it become a hoarding tendency. What...? Who said that? Pet cards are a certain type of card you don't want to let go regardless. 

    I've had my fair share of pet cards whether it's creatures, instants, etc., there's just some cards you don't want to remove. There were situations where a constructed deck is changed due to said pet card. Zoyowa lava-tongue is the first non-precon deck I've made where there are about three pet cards. Zoyowa is rakdos guild color goblin (surprise...) warlock that has Deathtouch and Descend mechanic one of my favorite mechanics in MTG that is not popular. Descend allows you to have a triggered ability when a permanent is put into the graveyard either it be battle, discard or sacrifice. 


    This will go back to my previous article on commander template where I get lazy when deck building is done and I've not used edhrec as well. My pet cards are as below are Bone Miser, Megrim, and bottomless pit. 

  

  I have no need for them due me wanting to do a sac build not a discard. I do proxy my pet cards in decks just to play around with other deck themes or prototypes. Such in my last article, I build to cause chaos and fun not be super serious! 

I have an archdekt build list on this deck. I'll revamp later due the prophecy of 
"I can't have fun, NO ONE WILL!"


Happy Pride be gay do crime and HAPPY PROXY!!!!



 

Comments

Popular Posts