Today on PROXY TIMES!!! Golgari Madness!

    It's was a few weeks ago where the partner and I finally had a date day. We went to our favorite mexican joint and got some good food including the flan. Afterwards, we went to the CRITICAL GAMES LGS nearby and got some games in. Originally, we were going there just to have some fun looking thru some commons and build a Pauper edh deck. We brought cards in case people wanted some games in (forgot saturday at the place was a commander night). We had about two games in as a three pod and one game in as a four player pod. The last game before the tournament started had some proxies. The deck in question was Witherbloom, the Balancer.

    

  The majority of the deck was proxied due to P4 testing it for the tournament and thought it would be great idea to communicate about it before playing. We all agreed cause curiosity got the better of us as well as P3 was one of P4 acquaintances in terms of game buddies. I wondering and wanting to see how exciting another golgari deck is going to run that's not a self mill or diet dredge. 

    The deck is powerful and reliant of creature heavy play. I would proxy in Winter, Cynical Opportunist with it so the reanimation can come into play and unitize the finality counters get some creatures or enchanted creatures back and work with Witherbloom. We did have to end the game faster than we thought due to the tournament starting. Just before we cleaned up board, there was a three card infinite by turn eight. Thankfully, we're able play fast. I need to see more gameplay with Witherbloom, the balancer so I give my specific review. The Legendary creature as the commander is a strong case of spellslinger.


Thanks for reads and have a happy proxy!
 Leave a comment below for what you think can be proxied in the deck!

    




Comments

  1. I have a Witherbloom, the Balancer deck built out on Moxfield and I've played it a few times on Tabletop Sim and it's a beast. Once you get your token engines online (Tendershoot Dryad, Chatterfang, Ophiomancer, etc.) you can really start to cheat out some insane spells.

    Winter is cool, he reminds me a bit of Mirko, Obsessive Theorist (one of my recent favorite decks) but he has putting things into the graveyard baked in which is nice, Mirko doesn't. But Mirko's recursion requirement *seems* easier to meet than Winter's. But maybe with the mill on attack it's easier than I'm imagining. Plus helps that Winter has that BBL so swinging regularly feels less risky and the power isn't so big as to really make everyone nervous. It's a nice balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I'm finding more budget cards that can do this as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts